A Complete Guide To Creating An Amazon Affiliates Site With WooCommerce
Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing wherein you refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
By far, the most successful option for this is Amazon’s affiliate program and an Amazon affiliates site.
The Amazon Associates Program is one of the most beginner-friendly affiliate options. By signing up, you’ll be able to advertise (and earn revenue on) items from Amazon’s massive product catalog.
What’s more, promoting those items on your blog is simple, if you use WordPress and Woocommerce.
An introduction to the Amazon Associates program
Through this program, you can advertise existing Amazon products on your blog. You can search for products that are relevant to your target audience, and you’ll be provided with links and other advertising materials (such as banners and traditional shopping ads). Then, you simply add those links and ads to your site.
Here are a few more advantages of using the Amazon Associates program:
- You get access to a huge catalog of products.
- If someone clicks on one of your affiliate links and buys products on Amazon – even if they aren’t the items you actually advertised – you’ll earn a commission on that purchase.
- Visitors may be more likely to follow your affiliate links and ads, thanks to Amazon’s existing reputation.
How to create an Amazon affiliates site using WooCommerce
WooCommerce plugin -the top option for WordPress users who want to set up any kind of storefront
Step 1: Set up WooCommerce on your site
The WooCommerce plugin is an essential tool for adding e-commerce features to the blog. Therefore, the first thing to do is install and activate this plugin on your site.
This Wizard will walk you through the process of configuring your store and adding key information. It’s very self-explanatory, so click through the screens until you reach the end.
After that, WooCommerce will be ready to go. You can now add products to your site.
Step 2: Sign up for the Amazon Associates program
- Visit the home page,and select the ‘Join Now for Free’ button:
- Sign into your Amazon account (or create one) and verify personal information. On the next page,add your blog’s URL using the Enter Your Website(s) field:
- Fill out some basic details for your profile which includes creating a unique ID, entering some information about your blog’s focus, and choosing what kinds of products you’re interested in promoting:
- Further down the page, you will be asked about how you currently attract traffic to and monetize your blog:
- On the next screen, you’ll need to verify your account and agree to the terms and conditions:
- Then, click on the Finish button. You’ll see a message letting you know your application was successful:
- You can use the buttons below to enter payment and tax details,save that task for later.
Step 3: Add Amazon affiliate products to your blog
Once you’ve signed up for an Amazon Associates account, you’ll get access to your personal dashboard:
you can find plenty of information about your account, earnings, and more. You can also start searching for products to promote, using the Search for Product and Browse for Product fields.
- Go ahead and look for your first affiliate product now. You can use keywords and categories to find something that fits your blog’s niche:
- When you’ve chosen a product, click the arrow next to its Get link button. You’ll be provided with a link you can copy:
- Now, go back to your blog’s dashboard, and create a product by selecting Products > Add New:
- Here, you can add a title and description for the product, and upload an image. Then, scroll down to the section labeled Product data:
In the Product Type drop-down menu, select External/Affiliate product. Then paste your affiliate link from Amazon into the Product URL box. Once you save the product, visitors to your blog will be able to click on it and visit the relevant Amazon page.