Understanding Blog & its importance for digital marketing
Understanding Blog & its importance for Digital Marketing
If you have embraced digital marketing as a way to reach more of your B2B clients, you know that your website is vitally important to the process. So, how does blogging help your website do its job? Blogging helps in several ways.
1. It hepls drive traffic to your website
Blogging can be an ideal way to increase the amount of traffic your website receives. In addition to providing your audience with interesting or useful information that will bring back repeat business or visits, blogging can largely increase the amount of indexed pages and keyword usage on your website; allowing search engines to rank your website higher in search engine results.
- Determine the keywords and phrases that bring visitors to your website.
- Write blog posts that contain your main keywords
- Publish blog content on a consistent basis.
- Ask questions to readers within your blog posts.
- Network with other blogs related to your industry.
- Add share buttons to your blog posts
2.It helps convert that traffic into leads
Now that you have traffic coming to your website through the blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads.
Let’s come to the point directly with how traffic-to-lead conversions are possible:
- Visitor comes to website
- Sees call-to-action for a free offer
- Visitor clicks call-to-action and gets to a landing page, which contains a form for them to fill in with their information
- Visitors click on the free offer which redirects them to a form which will ask their information
- Visitor fills their information in the form and receives the free offer
Just add call-to-action to every blog post
3.It helps establish authority
The best thing to do on the blog, answer common questions your leads and customers have. If you’re consistently providing blogs which are helpful for your target customer, it’ll help make you as an authority in their eyes. This is a good way for Sales professionals.
The opportunities which can get you sales by blogging:
- Prospects that have been reading your blog posts will typically enter the sales process as they have knowledge about your place in the market, your company, and what you have to offer. That makes a far more productive sales conversation than one held between two relative strangers.
- Sales people who encounter specific questions that require in-depth explanation can be pull from an archive of their blog posts. The salesperson is further positioned as a helpful resource to their prospect. Do the blog optimisation properly as people don’t like to read lengthy instructions, keep it short and complete.
4.It drives long-term results
Let’s say you sit down for an hour to write and publish a blog post today. Let’s say that blog post gets you 1000 views and 100 leads. You get another 500 views and 50 leads tomorrow as a few more people find it on social media and some of your audience gets caught up on their RSS and email. But after a couple days, most of the fanfare from that post dies down and you’ve netted 150 views and 15 leads.
Here are some effective strategies to refocus attention on quality sales.
- Act like an owner
- Identify ideal customers
- Know when to say goodbye
- Foster value-creation over revenue
- Repeat your success
This signifies the value of blogging, you might not see the immediate results but later on, you will see an amount of traffic coming to your website which can generate leads.