Essential Organization Tips For Digital Marketers
Digital marketing can be a crazy game. Most digital marketers have so many projects going on at once that finding a way to stay organized isn’t an option. It’s an absolute necessity. Between keeping track of meetings, managing correspondence with clients, reviewing and sharing content. The million other tasks you do every single day, making time to figure out an organizational strategy can fall through the cracks.
Here are the 3 essential organization tips every digital marketer should know.
- Making the switch to cloud storage.
- Keeping an analog checklist of weekly tasks.
- Taking the time to create agendas and recaps for meetings.
Cloud storage and essential organization and security tool for digital marketers and other professionals and creators.
Keep all of your files organized and secure by switching to cloud storage
Cloud storage receives a lot of buzz. However, there’s a reason you hear so much about the benefits of cloud storage. Quite simply, whether you are a digital marketer or not, there are simply a lot of benefits to moving to the cloud.
Cloud storage is a great option for digital marketers because it offers features like:
- Remote file storage. Keeping all of your documents on your local device can quickly eat up storage space and bog down your device. When you switch to the cloud, you can transfer files entirely to the cloud, which means they are stored on a remote server, freeing up more room for other things on your phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Improved security. How much time do you put into securing your device? Chances are beyond a passcode, your devices are more or less unprotected. Cloud storage platforms have the resources to secure data stored on their servers in a way that individual users simply can’t match.
- Sharing made easy. Email is an awful way to work on collaborative projects. Large files take forever to send, and you’ll likely find yourself with more versions of the project than you know what to do with. Cloud storage platforms make sharing files and collaborating on documents as simple as typing in your colleague’s email address.
Keeping offline to do list helps you focus on what tasks you need to complete each day.
Write a checklist of everything you have to do each week
Digital marketers rely heavily on technology to get their job done– heck, it’s right in the name. Not only do digital mediums make the type of campaigns digital marketers organize possible. But many digital marketers lean on digital tools like apps to keep their organization and productivity on track as well.
Your devices can be distracting, especially when you work in a field that involves constantly sending and receiving a variety of communications. That’s why it can be difficult to use to-do list and calendar apps to stay on top of your tasks. Every time you sit down to get organized, you’re likely interrupted by a text, email, or other notification.
Make it easier to focus on the organization by taking your to-do list offline. Get a wall calendar, a desk calendar, a notebook, or whatever works best for you, and stick to it!
Meeting agendas, meeting notes, and recaps are extremely helpful in an effort to stay organized.
Create detailed notes for meetings both before and after they happen
Everybody knows that, if you want your meeting to be productive, you should walk into it with a plan. Having a clearly-defined agenda– and even better, a clear agenda that has been shared with your colleagues in advance– helps you make sure that you hit all of your key points while you have everybody in one room or on one call.
However, notes aren’t just important in preparing for your meeting– they are an essential part of keeping yourself organized during and after the meeting as well. It’s ideal to assign someone to take meeting notes during the meeting, but that isn’t always possible. If you find yourself without an official set of meeting notes, take a few minutes at the end of the meeting to jot down the major takeaways:
- Problems solved or raised
- Goals and deadlines
- Tasks and the people assigned to complete them
- Important ideas
- Details about follow up meetings
Getting organized can seem daunting at first, but these 3 tips should make getting and staying organized a surprisingly simple task.
The life of a digital marketer is a hectic one, but it doesn’t have to be unorganized. Following these 3 tips is a great way to get yourself organized.