Which Social Media Platform Your Business Should Choose – and Why?
All businesses can benefit from social media marketing, but choosing the right social platform for your business, and your marketing aims, does take some effort, some research work to determine.
Facebook is the biggest social platform, and you likely do want to maintain a presence there, but Instagram, which is rising fast, may not be your best bet if you don’t have the capacity to create images – or maybe if you’re in the B2B sector.
The key is determining where your specific target audience is active, and aligning that with your aims, and capacity.
Here is the handy overview of essential stats and insights on each of the major social platforms.
- There are 2.23 Billion monthly active users.
- More than 60 Million active business pages are there.
- 93% of marketers and social media advertisers use Facebook ads.
Why you should choose Facebook?
Facebook is the largest social network in the world. It is easy to use and target customers.
Why you should not choose Facebook?
Frequent algorithm changes can turn things upside down. Posts from friends and family are given a priority as compared to business.
- There are 336 Million monthly active users.
- 500 Million tweets are sent every day.
- 6000 tweets are sent every second.
- 77% of Twitter users feel positive about a brand when the brand reply to their tweets.
Why you should choose twitter?
Twitter is a great platform for getting in touch with influencers and journalists. Twitter help you get in touch with other businesses, get advice and find great content.
Why you should not choose twitter?
Character limit restriction makes it tough for you to convey your message. The shorter lifetime of a tweet results in a quicker burial of tweet under hundreds of other tweets.
- 61 Million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers.
- 40 Million are in decision making position.
- 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a content distribution channel.
Why you should choose LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the largest professional network in the world. It is a great platform for generating B2B leads.
Why you should not choose LinkedIn?
Expect a lot of promotion and spam coming your way. It is difficult to build a sizable following on LinkedIn.
- There are 1 Billion active users.
- 80% of users follow a business on Instagram.
- 65% of top performing posts on Instagram feature products.
Why you should choose Instagram?
Instagram is a great visual platform for both brands and creative alike. Higher reach and post engagement as compared to other networks.
Why you should not choose Instagram?
No clickable links are allowed in captions, making it tough to achieve higher CTR. Posts can easily get on a non-chronological timeline.
- 93% of active pinners use Pinterest for planning before purchases.
- On average of 14.2 minutes, each user spends on every visit.
- 87% of users purchased a product due to Pinterest.
Why you should choose Pinterest?
Pins have a longer shelf life as compared to Tweets and Facebook posts. Customers coming via referrals spend twice as much than Facebook.
Why you should not choose Pinterest?
Direct interaction with customers is lower than other platforms. You will have to pin frequently to be effective on Pinterest.