Best WordPress Brute Force Protection Plugins
Brute Force attack is the scariest thing for any website owner. Especially when your site is running on a WordPress, it becomes a pool of opportunities for wrongdoers. Therefore, it becomes the primary need of a developer to keep the list of best WordPress Brute Force Protection Plugins within reach. The Brute Force Protection Plugin for WordPress is a great help you to protect your WordPress website.
What is a Brute Force Attack?
In this digital world, Brute force attack is a hit and trial method used to decode the login credentials of a website. The hackers use an automated software that tries repetitive consecutive attempts to gain access to a website or a server. And the software keeps trying the unique combinations until it gets in.
So, there are chances that your website can be hacked. With massive speed and recursive actions, attackers might get successful guessing your username and password. That being said, enforcing an additional layer of security is required to deflect any breach attempts.
WordPress has become a widely used platform in the digital world due to its flexibility and the availability of a number of plugins. As per BuiltWith and W3Techs WordPress Powers around 31 percent of all websites on the internet. Now that the internet is flooded with the WordPress website so it is required to take Brute Force protection measures to keep them safe and secure.
Best WordPress Brute Force Protection Plugins in detail
Loginizer is one of the best open source and free brute force login protection plugin for WordPress. It has enormous 700,000+ active installs. It is filled with many effective features to protect your site from any malicious attack.
- 700,000+ active installs for Loginizer.
- It aids you to Whitelist or Blacklist users as per their involvement to your site.
- It uses reCAPTCHA, two-factor authentication, Passwordless logins etc. so that site data’s authentication can be maintained.
- Like all other, it also blocks the IP after specific login attempts.
Login LockDown protects your site from the brute force attack by recording the IP address and the timestamp of every failed login attempt. It has over lacks of active installs.
- Login LockDown keeps the record for the number of login attempts in a certain time span.
- It has 200,000+ active installs.
- A user will be locked out for 1 hour after a user-specified number of failed logins attempts.
- Login LockDown is an open source brute force protection plugin for WordPress.
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded simply restrain the login attempts via normal login and via authentic cookies. To stop the brute force attack Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin uses the technique so that an unauthentic user can get the site’s access.
- This Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin gives you the opportunity to set a definite number of login attempts for a specific IP address. So that no one can hack your information.
- It follows the GDPR guidelines.
- Over 200,000 active installs.
- You can easily Whitelist or Blacklist IPs and Usernames.
- WooCommerce login page safety is also there.
WP Limit Login Attempts
WP Limit Login Attempts is another powerful WordPress brute force protection plugin. to prevent brute force attack. This plugin has 40,000+ active installs and the 4.6 overall ratings.
- WP Limit Login Attempts, detect bots by Captcha verification.
- This is a really lightweight and it doesn’t put the load on the site.
- It strictly follows the GDPR guidelines.
- WP Limit Login Attempts is an open source.
- Thousands of happy customers.
Brute Force Login Protection
Brute Force Login Protection is a lightweight that helps to provide protection against brute force attacks. Like most others, it uses the .htaccess file to help you secure your site from brute force attacks.
- Brute Force Login Protection restrain the number of login attempts.
- It gives you the opportunity to block or unblock the IP addresses.
- Option to Whitelist and Blacklist users.
- In case of failed login attempts, it can delay the next login attempt in order to throttle the attempting bots.
- It has over 20,000 active users.
Limits Attempts by BestWebSoft
Limits Attempts by BestWebSoft is the amazing plugin which protects the site from brute force attacks and spam. It is compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
- This plugin will automatically block the IP addresses that try to log in and exceeds the number of login attempts.
- Manually marking IPs into WhiteList and Blacklist is allowed.
- You can hide information from the blocked IPs such as login, register.
- You can show any customized Captcha error message to a blocked user and an invalid attempt.
- Multilingual support.
Limit Login Attempts – best Brute Force Protection Plugin for WordPress
Limit Login Attempts is another popular protection plugin for WordPress to guard your site against malicious activities. And the primary objective of this plugin is to provide shelter from brute force attacks.
- Limit Login Attempts to keep track of login attempts and if a bot failed to login in specified time with specified login attempts, then it blocks the IP.
- It uses Google reCAPTCHA to give spam security.
- You will see remaining login attempts on the Login page once you entered wrong login details. This is because if you’re a genuine user and have mistakenly entered your login credentials wrong, then you can correct them in your next attempt. And if it is a bot then surely it will be blocked in few tries.
- It will do Inactive User Logout. That means if a user is not doing anything on the page for a specific time span then it will perform automatic logout.
WPS Limit Login
WPS Limit Login is a full-featured login protection plugin for WordPress. By default, WordPress allows to have unlimited login attempts and this makes brute force attack somewhat easy. And there comes WPS Limit Login to rescue your site.
- WPS Limit Login restrict the number of retry attempts when trying to log in from a particular IP. you can easily customize the number of attempts you want to allow.
- It provides you with multisite compatibility with some additional settings.
- Security for the WooCommerce login page as well.
- You can create a Whitelist and a Blacklist for your site.
BruteGuard – Brute Force Login Protection for WordPress
BruteGuard – Brute Force Login Protection is a cloud-based brute force protection plugin for WordPress which provides security against botnet attacks.
- BruteGuard – Brute Force Login Protection plugin for WordPress guard the site from the illegal access via bots.
- Hundreds of active installs.
- If it finds any malicious activity, then it immediately blocks the IP across the complete network.
Attackers always look for weak passwords, and the vulnerable sites running outdated versions of WordPress/plugins, so it is highly recommended to keep your sites updated and have a WordPress Brute Force Protection plugin for WordPress.